Sometimes it might seems like, our parliament is a really weird one. You don't believe me?
I remember once watching a parliamentary session, where the person had a couple minutes talk about, how there is the smell of glue. And that maybe there is a lot og glue in the air. So they all might have ended up high. Which, according to that speaker, would explain why people are giving the suggestions they do.
Or a more recent one. There was a meeting. A person admitted on the camera, that they stole a sandwich. Called it a social experiment... well you can imagine what happened in the end.
So, in order to counteract these, I am going to list some of the thing that are weird in the British parliament:
- They sit 2 sword lengths apart, so that they are unable to cut opponent head off
- They can't have a debate without a golder mace listening to them
- They can not address each other directly (I guess they invented passive-aggressiveness?)
- They are not allowed to say, that something is not true
- They vote by walking to the room