It is a birthday season. I mean, I would like to say, that it is the birthday season, but it is actually my sister's friends that all have birthdays.
So she decide that she wants to try to make them a cake. Since it is for her group and she and most likely a lot of her friends like nutella, it had to be the nutella cake.
For me, it was a time to spend with my sister doing the stuff that was fun to me. It was fun, even when she complained that she needs to wait 15 minutes without doing anything. My mother suggesting that she can talk to her was not helping.
It does not look that nice, as you can see on the recipe. But it was tasty.
- vanilla sugar
- baking powder
- whipping cream
- Separate the yolks and the whites of the egg
- Whip the whites of the egg with the sugar
- Mix the yolks, sugar, vanilla sugar and nutella
- Mix the both mixtures
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C
- Whip the whipping cream
- Mix the whipping cream with nutella
- Melt the chocolate
- Cut the baked mixture to three layers
- Put the whipping cream mixture in between
- Put the melted chocolate on the top
- When separating the yolks from the whites, use the shell of the egg to help you
- It is all right to have some whites in the yolks. It is not fine to have any yolk in the whites at all
- When mixing whipped whites, make sure to be tender. The air should stay inside in order to make it more fluffy when baked. The similar can be said for the whipping cream.
- If you add some milk or whipping cream to the chocolate when baking, it is less likely to get stuck on the pan. Plus, it is less work than doing in in the bain-marie
- Me and my sister also added the banana on the shipping cream mixture. I don't think it helped the taste.
- If you don't like dry cakes, then put the run on the baked dough