In my family, I am usually the one that buys the food. Most of the member of my family hate going to the store. And then there is my mother, who likes bringing back food that we have no idea how to use.
One of the things that she brought like that was cheddar cheese. I know that there are a lot of people that swear by it, but we never eat it. Give me grande padano instead any day.
So I was looking around for how to use it, and I saw a recipe. Since I was not sure if I would like it, I decided to make it more like a marble cake. But the result was basically the most disgusting cake that I have ever eaten. Not even a pile of whipped cream could save it.
- cheddar cheese
- Heat milk, cheddar cheese and butter until it melts
- Mix together egg yolks and flour
- Make snow from egg whites
- Mix sugar, milk mixture, egg mixture and egg snow
- Put cacao in half of the mixture
- Put both mixtures in the pan
- Bake for 45 minutes at 170°C
As this cake was not a successful result, I have no idea how to make it better. Maybe next time I should not put any cheese in it at all? Than again, that would defeat the purpose of this recipe.